The process to apply for an Import Export Code (IEC) online in India is as follows:
- Register on the DGFT website: Visit the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) website (https://dgft.gov.in/) and register to create a login account.
- Fill in the application form: Login to the DGFT website and fill in the online IEC application form providing details such as name, address, PAN, business activities, etc.
- Upload required documents: Upload the required documents such as PAN card, proof of business address, bank certificate, and any other relevant documents.
- Make payment: Pay the IEC fee online using a debit or credit card or through internet banking.
- Submit the application: Submit the completed application form along with the uploaded documents and fee payment receipt.
- Track application status: Track the status of the IEC application using the DGFT website or by contacting the concerned authorities.
- It is important to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete, as any errors or inaccuracies may result in a delay or rejection of the IEC code application.